040 456 6511
040 578 1057
The course “EU for Trade Unionists” (introductory level) will be delivered from 25 May to 10 July 2020 and it will involve about 14 hours of work. An online tutor will support participants during the training.
The institutions of the European Union and how they function is complex, creating, therefore, a huge gap between EU policymakers and citizens. In addition, for about half a century the European Union has played a crucial role in shaping the current globalization process. This, as we see in the news every day, is a reality that has consequences on all of us, in Europe and around the world. That’s why the ETUI organizes this introductory course: it will empower the trade unionists not only to critically analyse how the EU works and see how decisions are taken, but above all, to understand how they can play a role and intervene in the process. This is a crucial step to reinforce the trade unions in every country in Europe and make their work more effective. In the current period having strong trade unions is more important than ever.
Although the learning process is individual, participants will be provided by online tutors with the support and necessary assistance for achieving the best results.
Aim and objectives
After completing this online training, participants will be able to:
1. Recognise the basic principles of the EU
2. Identify the 5 essential elements of the European social model for the ETUC
3. Identify the worker representation system in the various EU countries
4. Outline the ETUC, its mission, structures and the role of its governing bodies
5. Outline the EU ordinary legislative procedure
6. Define the fields of European social dialogue, describe their functioning and infer possible trade union actions
7. Analyse, on the basis of a practical case, the principles allowing trade union action with a European scope.
Working languages: English. An intermediate level of English knowledge is required.
Trade unionists from ETUC affiliated Organizations.
How are enrolments processed?
A maximum of 300 participants can be accepted. The final confirmation of the participants will be done by ETUI bearing in mind the requirements for the target group. Selection of participants follows the criteria “first come, first served”.
The individual expression of interests must be done before 17 May 2020 by filling the online form available here: https://bit.ly/2X0vNWS
Once the 300 available places are filled, registrations will be closed. Given the high numbers of requests, this can happen before the deadline.
Participation is free of charge.
EU for Trade Unionists
25.05.2020 - 10.07.2020
00:00 - 00:00
Haku päättyy: 17.5.2020