040 456 6511
040 578 1057
“Online English for trade unionists” course will be delivered from 27 April to 17 July 2020 and it will involve about 36 hours of work. An online tutor will support participants during the training. The course covers the intermediate level of English. It includes different types of activities that participants should take part in, including:
1. reading texts, audio files and videos on a wide range of trade union related topics;
2. quizzes which test participant’s understanding of key vocabulary and grammar;
3. forums where participants can share opinions and experiences with other learners;
4. speaking and writing assignments to which participants receive personal feedback from the course tutor.
Aim and objectives
The following aims have been set:
- use specific vocabulary of trade unions;
- access to a trade union glossary; - develop communication skills on reviewing grammar skills;
- exchange information and views in English about current key issues with other trade unionists;
- express oneself in writing on current trade union issues in Europe;
- put into practice acquired linguistic competences through assignments.
Working languages: English.
Trade unionists from ETUC affiliated Organizations with an intermediate level of English. Before filling the enrolment form, interested participants are warmly recommended to take 15 minutes and assess online their level. (Language test, click here).
How are enrolments processed?
A maximum of 300 participants can be accepted. The final confirmation of the participants will be done by ETUI bearing in mind the requirements for the target group. Selection of participants follows the criteria “first come, first served”.
The individual expression of interests must be done before 19 April 2020 by filling the online form available here: https://bit.ly/3bHMVEN
Once the 300 available places are filled, registrations will be closed. Given the high numbers of requests, this can happen before the deadline.
Participation is free of charge.
Online English for Trade Unionists
27.04.2020 - 17.07.2020
00:00 - 00:00
Haku päättyy: 19.4.2020